Saturday 20 May 2017

ColourPop Order/ First Impressions

Hi guys! 
So today I'm going to be discussing my first ColourPop order. As I live in the UK, Colourpop is a hard brand to get hold off as you can only order it off their website, meaning you have to pay for shipping and customs. However, they recently held a free international shipping event and because I spent under $19, I didn't get hit with a custom charge, wooo! I ordered my items on the 6th of May, they were dispatched on the 10th of May and they arrived on the 18th of May, meaning the whole process took just under two weeks which considering the amount of orders they will have received is really good. 


I ordered three products which totalled $18. At the time I ordered ColourPop had an offer where you could buy three liquid lipsticks for about $12 (I think), so I saw a few people order these and then another item to bring their total to the $19. However, these people were still stung with a customs charge as the total declared is the products value, not the price you paid, meaning people were being charged for a $20+ order. I was unaware of this at the time so I'm so glad the other lipstick shade I wanted was out of stock! 

Instead I chose to get two liquid lipsticks and a gel eyeliner. I ordered the Ultra Satin Lip in the shade 'Alyssa' which is a collab with Kathleen Lights, and the Ultra Matte Lip in 'Saigon', which is a collab with Karrueche. They eyeliner is a simple black gel eyeliner in the shade 'Swerve'.



Since they arrived, I've tried both the liquid lipsticks and can say that I honestly love them both. I'm always really worried about ordering make-up online as I haven't been able to swatch the products, so I never know if the shade actually suits me. However, I love both of these products. Alyssa ($6) is a gorgeous nude colour that I imagine would go with pretty much anything. Saigon ($6) is a true red and I feel that it suits my skin tone and it compliments my eye colour, something I struggle with when choosing a red normally. I've only worn them for a few hours a day just to test them out so I can't comment on the longevity of the products, but they did feel really comfy to wear and I didn't experience any uncomfortable or tightening sensations.

I have also tried the eyeliner once. However, I've not got too much to say about the eyeliner yet as when I used it, it honestly didn't go too well. However, I'm putting that down to my poor application as opposed to the product, as it's been such a long time since I used a gel eyeliner and brush that I had sort of forgotten how to do it, which has nothing to do with the product or the brand!


Swatches- Saigon on top, Alyssa underneath

Also, as a sidenote Saigon is hard to remove. I tried to do a  pretty, Instagram-worthy swatch on my wrist but I cocked up on the edges., When i went to use my wipes to remove it the product just did not budge. Four hours and a lot of wiping and oils later and there is still a trace of the product on my arm. I'm kind of dreading removing it off my lips now!



Thanks for reading guys, let me know what your favourite ColourPop products are as I'm so down for trying more things from them! Any feedback is appreciated as always xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment