Sunday 7 May 2017

Review: Milani Conceal and Perfect Foundation

Hi Guys!
 So today I'm going to be reviewing my current foundation, the Milani Conceal and Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation and Concealer. So if that is something that interests you, buckle up and enjoy! 


I purchased this foundation from the Beauty Bay website (here)  for £13.00. The website claims that the foundation is a "A full coverage concealer and liquid foundation in one ideal for creating an even, faultless base". I ordered the shade 00- Light Natural as all the reviews I had seen mentioned how the colour was off and orange, so I felt that ordering the lightest shade would be my best bet. 

Let me just say now that me and this foundation had a very rocky start. This was the first time I'd ordered a foundation online, as normally I prefer to go out into the shops and test out different shades. When it arrived, I realised that it was actually a shade too light for me so I'd have been better off ordering the next shade up. The first few times I used this, it went on okay but I wasn't wowed by it. Going of other reviews I had read/watched I was honestly expecting miracles, but this product seemed to go from average to awful very quickly, It clung to dry patches I didn't even know I had and it would separate in weird places around my face. Throw in the fact that it was a shade too light for me and you'd think I would hate this foundation. 

However...
I now love it. I changed the moisturiser and  primer I was using at the time as I felt that they were having a negative impact on my skin. I also started mixing in my W7 Genius Featherlight Foundation in the shade True Beige, as this was a shade or two too dark for me. I stuck to using a damp beauty sponge and straight away I noticed the foundation looked so much better on my skin. It's got decent coverage but I do still use concealer to cover my under eyes, as they are dark. I do find that 
I have to touch up with power throughout the day, but that could be because my skin is so oily anyway. Overall, after a rocky start and a lot of perseverance, this foundation has now become my favourite foundation and one that I use both daily and for nights out.  

My W7 foundation- I use this to match the Milani Foundation to my own skin tone (Apparently I'm darker than I tonight I was)


And here's the foundation spread out! 
Please let me know your thoughts and views on this product as I'd love the hear them! Thank you so much as always xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment