Monday 22 January 2018

W7: Legend Foundation Review

Hi Lovies!
It seems like it's been forever since my last product review post- what with Christmas and the New Year, and the start of a new term it just felt like time was running away from me. I vow that in 2018 I will be more diligent with my blog posts! So on that note, today's post will be me reviewing the W7 Legend Foundation.




 I've actually had this foundation for a little while now, but I wanted to test it a for some time in different situations to ensure it was a fair review. I've worn this foundation to a black tie event, a works do, on casual days and frequently to work.  This foundation retails for £7.95 direct from the W7 website, although I paid £2.99 from BnM. I've found that out of the two shade I chose, Sand Beige works the best for me and my skin tone. 


So, on to the good bits! Overall, I've found that I really enjoy using this foundation. While I will praise this product for its own merits, I will mention that this has been mentioned as the drug store alternative to Estee Lauder's Double Wear Foundation. Double Wear is a true Holy Grail product to some people and it's personally one of the most raved about foundations I've heard of. In that respect, Legend foundation is a very similar thickness and consistency to Double Wear Foundation, and it offers a similar level of coverage.  
However (shock horror), I don't actually like the Estee Lauder Foundation that much. I've really, really tried to get along with it, but it just doesn't seem to sit well on my skin. In comparison to this, the W7 Legend Foundation is actually a much nicer foundation. Its a full coverage foundation that feels lightweight and breathe-able on the skin. I've used it for special occasions and found that my skin really did look a lot nicer once its been applies. 

As with anything though, there is always a downside to a product. I do find that my skin does go a little bit oilier around my t-zone throughout the day when I'm using it, especially when I wear it to work. In this products defense though, I work in a very busy environment where I'm always running around and I don't have time to touch up my powder throughout the day. I apply this at roughly 7.00 in the morning and it will last till around 4.00 in the afternoon before I really feel like my oils are too noticeable, which with my job is a pretty decent amount of time for a drugstore product. 


Overall, this foundation is definitely a winner for me, especially when considering the price of it! I'll attatch some photos belore to show the difference on my skin when this is applied, and how well other products apply over the top. 
Thanks for reading! xxxxx



Photo 1- Bare skin, Photo 2- Foundation covering half my face, Photo 3- Makeup completed.
Swatch Photos- Natural Beige on  top, Sand Beige on the bottom (I apologise the lighting wasn't the best on the swatch photos)







Below is the same two shades on top, and the shade 2N1 Desert Beige on bottom. It is a little bit warmer/darker than the shade Sand Beige in W7, but they swatch very similar to each other.











                                                                       Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment