Tuesday 12 December 2017

Mario Badescu Essentials Review

Hi Lovelies! 
So today I'm going to be reviewing the Mario Badescu 50th Anniversary Edition set. I've had this set for a while now and wanted to sit down and do a proper review on all the products now I've had time to test them all.  



I ordered the Anniversary Set from Beauty Bay for £32 (It is currently out of stock on their website though).  
It arrived in the box pictured above, with some cardboard separators between the products.  According to Beauty Bay, the set contains "Mario Badescu's bestselling and award winning essentials". Which are:
Drying Lotion,
Enzyme Cleansing Gel,
 Facial Spray with Aloe,
 Herbs and Rosewater,
Flower Tonic Mask
Silver Powder.
The set is rated as four and a half stars on Beauty Bay.



My hands down favourite product in the set is the Drying Lotion. Designed as a spot treatment, I really do feel like this helps to fight them. I wouldn't say it's an overnight cure for spots, but with a few nights of application I definitely notice my spots going away. My method of applying this is to dip a (clean) sponge tip eyeshadow applicator into the pink sediment at the bottom and then dab over any spots. The bottle clearly states to not shake the product, so I don't  know what happens when you actually do, or why you shouldn't do so.

My next favourite item in the set is the Facial spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater. I use this every morning and night, and I also use this on a Thursday after I've been swimming. I find that it helps calm my skin down, especially after being in a swimming pool, and my skin just feels brighter and more refreshed after using it.

After these two items, I would say the other three have had around the same level of impact on me. 
I enjoy using the Enzyme Cleansing Gel as my daily cleanser as it seems gentle on my skin and my skin does generally feel clean after using it. 
I also like using the Flower and Tonic Mask. Straight after wiping it off my skin honestly feels amazing. It feels so clean and smooth, like I've really got the crap out of my skin. However, these results never last for a long time on me, and its a fine line between using a mask like this regularly and overloading your skin, possibly drying it out. 

Finally, there's the Drying Powder. This is such an odd product! I'll start of by saying that I actually love the results of this. I find that it really helps to clear my skin and it reduces the appearance of my pores. I don't really have blackheads so I can't comment on that aspect of the product. However, its such a messy, hard product to use. I followed the instructions on the pot, only for it to go horrendously wrong. I then found the best way to use it was to pretend it was icing sugar, and to add water to the powder in very tiny stages until the desired consistency was reached.

Overall, I was very impressed with the set. It was my first experience of using Mario Badescu products and I would definitely be up for going back and trying more.

Thanks for reading guys, and as always if you have any comments or any suggestions on what I should try next feel free to leave a comment!xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment