Tuesday 19 December 2017

W7 Delicious Palette: Review

Hi Guys! I'm back today with another review-this time on the W7 Delicious Palette. Now I've actually had this palette for a while now, so I decided it was about time I sat down and did a proper review on it. 

This was the first (and currently only) W7 eyeshadow palette I have tested. It's considered a dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette, which I know is so hyped in the beauty industry. Unfortunately, I don't own the ABH palette so have no comparisons of the two, but in swatch photos I've seen they are pretty similar in my own personal opinion. 

I missed the first release of this palette as it sold out so quickly. I then joined a waiting list and was able to grab it the second time around. As it's been a while since I ordered it I don't actually remember how long the delivery took but I can't remember having to wait too long for it. I paid |£12.99 on the W7 website, although various retailers sell it at different prices. It is now listed as being out of stock on their website.


The package arrived wrapped up in bubble wrap to protect the shadows. The outer packaging of the palette is smooth cardboard, whereas I know the ABH version has a velvet/suede texture. I suppose one bonus of the W7 palette is that although it may not look as luxurious as the Modern Renaissance palette, it also won't get as dirty. 

Now I've had the palette for around six months now and I quickly found it being one of my most reached for palettes. It's one of the palettes I always take whenever I'm away from home as I know that I can pull a really quick easy eye look from it as well as more complex looks (if I'm feeling stupid brave). The palette has a decent sized mirror inside which makes it even more useful when travelling with it.
Now the palette doesn't actually have shade names printed on the inside, which makes it hard to describe what my favourite shades are in the palette. If you can be bothered to count, then my favourite ones are:
The second shade in the top row- for all over my lid
The first two shades on the bottom row- for adding depth
the fourth one in on the bottom row- for adding warmth 
The last two shades on both rows- for adding warmth/dimension.

However, my only issue with this palette is the longevity of some of the shades. I find that almost all the shades used tend to just 'disappear' at the end of a day. In addition to this, the shimmer shades seem to dull down after a few hours. As I don't currently own a higher-end palette, I have no idea if this is due to the low price point of the shadows or whether I just don't use a good enough eye primer, so this may be remedied by using a good eyeshadow primer. 

Overall, for the price of this eyeshadow palette I feel like this is a decent product. It blends well, and if I can manage to assemble a half decent look then it can't be that bad! For my first venture into using W7 eyeshadow palettes I'm really impressed with the quality, and I'm now really interested in trying their new 'On The Rocks' palette, which is their dupe for the ABH Subculture palette. 

Below are two images. The top image is taken from the ABH website, showing the Modern Renaissance palette, where the bottom picture is my own picture taken of the Delicious palette. Aside from the obvious lighting differences (my photos are taken using an iPhone) I think they look pretty similar. 

Thanks for reading loves! If you've tried the On the Rocks palette please feel free to share your thoughts xxxx



A photo taken from Anastasia Beverly Hills website.




My own photo of my W7 Delicious palette taken in complete natural lighting 

No comments:

Post a Comment